There is a gray area in psychiatry that encroaches into the spiritual. That area is called the personality disorder clusters. Trump fits most of the cluster B criteria.
Trump is a sociopath. A sociopath is a person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience.
Trump is a psychopath: A psychopath a person suffering from chronic mental disorder with abnormal or violent social behavior.
Trump, a pathological and compulsive liar, suffers from all the cluster B personality disorders.
Cluster B personality disorders
Cluster B personality disorders are characterized by dramatic, overly emotional or unpredictable thinking or behavior. They include antisocial personality disorder, borderline personality disorder, histrionic personality disorder and narcissistic personality disorder.
Antisocial personality disorder describes Trump perfectly.
- Disregard for others' needs or feelings (Look at how he treats people especially his current wife)
- Persistent lying, stealing, using aliases, conning others (This is Trump's modus operandi.)
- Recurring problems with the law (Trump breaks the law a lot and if he were not filthy rich he'd be in prison)
- Repeated violation of the rights of others (Trump has swindled contractors and employees)
- Aggressive, often violent behavior (Trump is a shark.)
- Disregard for the safety of self or others
- Impulsive behavior (Trump has poor impulse control)
- Consistently irresponsible (He's made some very reckless business deals.)
- Lack of remorse for behavior (Trump claiming to be a Christian says he has never repented)
Borderline personality disorder
- Impulsive and risky behavior, such as having unsafe sex, gambling or binge eating (Trump compared his risky sexual behavior while dodging the draft as his Vietnam) (He is obese so he may be a binge eater/glutton.)
- Unstable or fragile self-image (That's quite obvious.)
- Unstable and intense relationships (He's had 3 failed marriages and he fires people at the drop of a hat.)
- Up and down moods, often as a reaction to interpersonal stress
- Suicidal behavior or threats of self-injury (Too bad he doesn't have this one)
- Intense fear of being alone or abandoned (Trump is probably uncomfortable in his own skin)
- Ongoing feelings of emptiness (Whether he feels it, he is a soulless man.)
- Frequent, intense displays of anger (That's obvious.)
- Stress-related paranoia that comes and goes (That's obvious as well.)
Histrionic personality disorder explains Trump very accurately.
- Constantly seeking attention (He is an attention whore.)
- Excessively emotional, dramatic or sexually provocative to gain attention (He brags about how he treats women like sex objects.)
- Speaks dramatically with strong opinions, but few facts or details to back them up (and so do his supporters aka Trumproids)
- Easily influenced by others (As evidenced by his bromances with Putin, Steve Bannon, and Netanyahu.)
- Shallow, rapidly changing emotions (People around him say he has a Jekyll and Hyde personality and Melinia is afraid of him.)
- Excessive concern with physical appearance
- Thinks relationships with others are closer than they really are
Narcissistic personality disorder
- Belief that you're special and more important than others (Like when he said he knows more than the generals.)
- Fantasies about power, success and attractiveness (Trump has lied about his net worth and that fucking comb-over and orange skin is a dead giveaway.)
- Failure to recognize others' needs and feelings (Look at how he shits all over people.)
- Exaggeration of achievements or talents (He has consistently lied about his net worth and business skills.)
- Expectation of constant praise and admiration
- Arrogance (I have known some very arrogant people but none of the even come close to Trump)
- Unreasonable expectations of favors and advantages, often taking advantage of others (The Trump University scam and Trump stiffing his workers and contractor are a prime example of Trump taking advantage of others)
- Envy of others or belief that others envy you (That's obvious.)
Trump only fits one criterion of the Cluster A personality disorders.
Cluster A personality disorders
Cluster A personality disorders are characterized by odd, eccentric thinking or behavior. They include paranoid personality disorder, schizoid personality disorder and schizotypal personality disorder.
Paranoid personality disorder fits Trump perfectly.
- Pervasive distrust and suspicion of others and their motives
- Unjustified belief that others are trying to harm or deceive you
- Unjustified suspicion of the loyalty or trustworthiness of others
- Hesitancy to confide in others due to unreasonable fear that others will use the information against you
- Perception of innocent remarks or nonthreatening situations as personal insults or attacks
- Angry or hostile reaction to perceived slights or insults
- Tendency to hold grudges
- Unjustified, recurrent suspicion that spouse or sexual partner is unfaithful
Schizoid personality disorder
- Lack of interest in social or personal relationships, preferring to be alone
- Limited range of emotional expression
- Inability to take pleasure in most activities
- Inability to pick up normal social cues
- Appearance of being cold or indifferent to others
- Little or no interest in having sex with another person
Schizotypal personality disorder explains some of Trump's behaviors.
- Peculiar dress, thinking, beliefs, speech or behavior
- Odd perceptual experiences, such as hearing a voice whisper your name
- Flat emotions or inappropriate emotional responses
- Social anxiety and a lack of or discomfort with close relationships
- Indifferent, inappropriate or suspicious response to others
- "Magical thinking" — believing you can influence people and events with your thoughts
- Belief that certain casual incidents or events have hidden messages meant only for you
Why is Trump A Miserable Son of a Bitch?
Trump's personality is the conglomeration of thoughts, emotions, and behaviors that makes him the asshole that he is. It's the way he views, understands and relates to the outside world, as well as how you sees himself. Personality forms during childhood, shaped through an interaction of:
Certain personality traits may be passed on to him by his parents through inherited genes. These traits are sometimes called temperament.
This involves the surroundings he grew up in, events that occurred, and relationships with family members and others. We know that Trump was too much of an asshole to attend public school and he had to be placed in some rich kid military school for incorrigible brats.
Can Trump be Cured?
At this point in his life, the prognosis for Trump and people like him are bleak, especially at his age. Even young people with Trump's diagnosis are therapy resistant given the type of therapy available today.
People like Trump still can be "cured" or at least made safer. Trump is a classic bully and the way to rehabilitate bullies is by beating the shit out of them both physically and emotionally until they decide not to act like assholes by learning some humility. The ghosts of Christmas presence, past and future are no going to show up and "scare" Trump and people like him "straight". He is not going to have a come to Jesus moment because Trump is an anti-Christ but he can be rendered harmless.
When Trump is removed from office the best thing to do is to ship him off to Gitmo and start Bully Beatdown therapy along with some humiliation. Trump is a coward. Most right wingers are. I would start by scaring the crap out of him until he shits and pisses his pants.
Then I would have him take a polygraph test. He doesn't dare like because that will mean more ass-kicking.
People like Trump crumble very quickly but the real therapy starts with the beatings and humiliation. Brain scans would determine if the therapy is effective. In Trump's case we would bring in all the people he fucked over and we would let them flog him or burn him.